GRADUATE MENTORING PROGRAM
GAP Graduate Mentoring Program is designed to assist college students and fresh graduates in formulating a comprehensive plan for achieving their career aspirations. The role and importance of a global network and a global education in building a successful career will be highlighted. The objective of the program is to help students set goals and work towards these by being self-accountable. The program covers the following areas:
Assisting students in a realistic self assessment to identify their strengths, weaknesses, values and vision.
- Assisting in undertaking a SWOT analysis.
- Building a vision.
- Helping students understand the evolution of the future Job markets and global trends in their chosen field.
- Assisting students in developing a comprehensive ACTION PLAN to achieve objectives both within a domestic and global context.
- Guiding them to improve their critical/analytical thinking and problem solving skills and increase confidence and self awareness.
- Learning the art of being thorough and detail-oriented.
- Improving soft skills
Building Skills for Job Search
- Developing a comprehensive job search strategy.
- Understanding the role and method of research into companies and industries.
- Learning to improvise job search skills and using social media platforms effectively.
- Providing resume and cover letter critiques.
- Building a resume and cover letter.
- Mastering the art of taking interviews and subsequent follow ups.
- Networking in person and in the digital world.
- Understanding the importance of internships and work shadowing.
- Guidance on building personal profile/branding.
- Exploring options of higher studies abroad to open global career opportunities.